Invitees: This Annual Gathering is designed to be a more intimate event. To that end, we are inviting a select and intentional group of Paterson Guides to join us for this weekend away. While we are asking you to leave your kids at home (sorry, little ones!) we would be honored to have your spouse join us and celebrate their support of you in this impactful work.
On Thursday and Friday night, we’ll be celebrating with New Paterson Guides (those who graduated from our recent training pathway). You’ll overlap with them on Friday night, when you arrive, before their graduation and departure on Saturday morning.
Location: The mountain resort town of Vail, Colorado, has long been a premium destination of those around the world, boasting the distinction of North America’s biggest and most popular ski resort. With over 300 days of sunshine a year, it is known for its breathtaking beauty, with whispering Pines, rustling Aspens, hundreds of wildflowers and the dabbling Gore Creek running through the town – all set amongst the majestic backdrop of the Rocky Mountains.
We chose to convene on this weekend in September to best enjoy the changing leaves of the autumn season! We can expect beautiful, sunshine-filled days ranging in the mid-60’s that will dip into more chilly evenings with lows into the mid-30’s. Bring your sunscreen (for the higher altitude), rain gear (just in case…), jackets (for the cooler nights) and swimsuits (to dip in the jacuzzi)!
Resort: Hotel Talisa is Vail’s newest luxury resort tucked away in the protected forestland at the base of Vail Mountain. The decor throughout the hotel is inspired by outdoor adventurers, Colorado artisans and native tribes. Boasting a ski lift on one side of the resort and a picturesque, trout-filled Gore Creek gurgling behind the property, the resort is brimming with a curated array of moments worth collecting – perfect for our group!
Reservations: We have arranged and negotiated with Hotel Talisa a vastly reduced rate for our Annual Gathering. While the room rates can run as high as $1,600/night throughout the year, we have negotiated a rate of only $225 per night for a “superior room”. Please reserve the room of your choice by calling 800-420-2424 before August 1st, 2019 and let them know you’re with the Paterson Gathering. (Note: we have negotiated lowered rates for other rooms as well; please call 800-420-2424 if you would like to upgrade your room). You can also reserve a room online here:
Weekend Cost and Early-Bird Discount: The price of your ticket is $600, but if you RSVP by May 1, 2019, we’ll provide a $101 discount, down to $499. If your spouse attends, we’re offering a $301 total discount, for a combined ticket price of $899. We require a $150 non-refundable deposit per person by May 1 to reserve your spot (this will be invoiced after we receive your RSVP).
You are responsible for your lodging at the resort as well as your travel to and from Vail.
We are so looking forward to a weekend together to honor each other’s commitment to this work, to be encouraged and inspired, to celebrate and delight, and to rest and relax in the glorious Colorado Rockies
Planned Schedule: We are looking forward to a time together of celebration, inspiration and hanging out together! To that end, we’ve planned a fun time for all:
Friday, September 20:
- Check into the resort anytime after 4 pm
Evening Reception from 6:30 – 10 pm in the Jubeln room. We will gather with the group to eat delicious food and make merry together! Smart-Casual mountain attire suggested; spouses are also encouraged to join and mingle.
Saturday, September 21:
- Breakfast from 8 – 9 am for both the Guide and spouses
- Paterson Gathering from 9 am – 12 noon for Guides and spouses
- Free Time from 12 noon with a box lunch provided (see free time options, below)
- Hors d’oeuvres begin at 6:30 pm for everyone
- Dinner for everyone from 7:30 – 10 pm. Join us for an evening of celebration!
Sunday, September 22nd:
- Breakfast from 8 – 9 am for both the Guide and spouses
- Final morning meeting for Paterson Guides from 9 – 10:45 am
- Check out of the resort by 11 am
Saturday Free Time Options:
We have purposely left Saturday afternoon open to explore different opportunities in and around Vail; the most difficult part of your day may be deciding which particular activity to best enjoy! Some options to consider:
- Take a nap (always a good option!).
- Explore the walking path along the Gore Creek towards Vail. You can leisurely stroll through some beautiful scenery on the mile to Vail Village where you can grab a coffee, shop to your heart’s content, or look at some beautiful art.
- Bike down from Vail Pass. You can easily rent mountain bikes, take a shuttle up to the top of Vail Pass, and enjoy a glorious afternoon going downhill on a dedicated bike path through some of the most beautiful scenery Colorado offers
- Fish for rainbow trout: bring or rent your fishing gear and try your luck in Gore Creek or a nearby lake. If you do this option, a tall fishing tale will be absolutely required that evening!
- Hike up Vail Mountain (or any of the surrounding ones). Grab your hiking gear and enjoy going up and around the mountains outside of the resort through the gorgeous aspens, firs and wildflowers.
- Golf at any of Vail Valley’s 16 championship courses: enjoy perfecting your game with expansive views of the Gore Range and surrounding peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
- Wander and meditate in the expansive Betty Ford Alpine Gardens. Relish the afternoon at 8,200 feet in the world’s highest botanical gardens!
- Relax with a spa treatment at Hotel Talisa. Book some tranquil downtime in any of the 10 treatment rooms overlooking Gore Creek and the nearby mountains; perhaps after a couples massage, you can further enjoy the aromatherapy steam room and salt sauna.
- Adventure on a jeep tour: ramble on an exciting off-road experience that will take you to 360-degree views of the fall colors in the backcountry of the mountains around Vail.
- Sit and sip wine by the custom-made fireplace that overlooks the Gore Creek and walking trail on the backside of the resort property; you may want to dip into the pool or multiple jacuzzis as well!
Please reserve your spot here: